Discover the true story of the Mayflower in our immersive exhibition Mayflower: Legend and Legacy at The Box in 2020, Plymouth's new multi-million pound heritage attraction
Tour provider The Box
- Address: The Box, Tavistock Place, Plymouth, PL4 8AX
- Telephone: +44 01752 304774
- Email: email@example.com
- Travel Trade Contact: Charlotte Pascoe, Commercial Manager
- The display is the lead collection of Mayflower content for the international commemoration, including content from over 100 institutions from across the world. The exhibition explores the origins of the Mayflower journey, its legacy and the way in which it has been commemorated through generations.
- Discover the stories of all 102 passengers who set sail from Plymouth in 1620 and find out why this journey had such a significant and lasting impact on our world today.
- You will then have the opportunity of a whistle stop tour of our permanent galleries at The Box and the impressive collections they contain.
- We recommend this tour for ages 11+
About The Box:
The Box is the South West’s newly constructed flagship cultural attraction, packed with incredible things to see and do.
- In depth tour of the national ‘Mayflower: Legend and Legacy’ exhibition
- Discover the stories of the 102 Mayflower Passengers
- Short tour of our permanent galleries
Recommended group size
15 people. Min 2 people – Max 15 people
Price per person
£15 per person
Pick up location, distance from train station
10 minute walk from the Plymouth Railway Station or 5 minutes by taxi
Refreshments and meals
There is a café onsite, but we can offer a refreshment package as part of any of the following offers:
- £7 Mayflower Cream Tea . A pot of special Mayflower blend Plymouth tea, freshly baked scone, local clotted cream and jam.
- £7 Mayflower Cheese Tea. A pot of special Mayflower blend Plymouth tea, freshly baked cheese scone, local cheddar and chutney.
- £4 Children’s Tea. A choice of drink and a choice of cake or scone.
Special equipment needed
A sense of adventure!
Availability Frequency and Advance Booking
Available every day, excluding Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Minimum of 7 days’ notice required.
Accessibility considerations and facilities
Building is fully accessible with a changing place. If you have any additional requirements, please contact us.
Fitness Level (low, moderate or high)