Illuminate Austerfield & Bawtry will help the start a year of commemoration marking 400 years since the Mayflower's sailing in the two historic villages on the Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire border.
This year the festival's theme is 'Journeys by Sea'.
Sculptor Dan Jones and musicians Janet Wood & Moony Wainwright will be working with local schools and Bawtry Library to produce a unique parade mirroring the voyage of the Mayflower Pilgrims, celebrating Austerfield's links to former Plymouth colony Governor William Bradford.
The parade will take place at Austerfield Study Centre at 4.15pm and finish at Bawtry Hall at 5pm.
Then a grand finale of:
● A spectacular aerial dance ‘Odyssey’ performed by international touring company Periplum.
● Mass choir performance including all school children and Quirky Choir.
● The Doncaster Waites.
● An “Under the Sea’ themed ‘Dance On’ social ball with local groups from Doncaster
● Heritage Doncaster’s mobile Museum showcasing locally made pilgrim artefacts.
● Food and Drinks available to purchase.
The event is part of the wider Illuminate festivals in November 2019, which take place around the globe and begin the 2020 anniversary year.
You'll be the first to hear the latest Mayflower news, events, and more.